Ghostwriting has always been one of my strong points. I can do detailed research and write in good English quickly. Essential qualities for a ghostwriter.
I have never considered ghostwriting as a business until the beginning of October, when I spoke with Bev Clement, a professional ghostwriter from the UK.
She knew what my strengths were and gave me suggestions on the possibility of turning that skill into a business. I was thinking about her suggestion and decided to go ahead, considering Bev knows what she’s talking about.
I decided to make a presence in this field.
A week later, I released a special offer to a forum of internet marketers where I offered my ghostwriting services. However, I wanted to make the offer special and decided to throw in a few extras.
My special offer which was posted on October 15th, included:
- a custom written 20 page information product (~5,000 words)
- a professional formatted mini-site (header graphics, footer,Â ebook cover and order button)
- a video squeeze page (a video with an opt-in form to capture email addresses)
- 7 follow up emails (autoresponder messages)
- a short-copy web sales letter
- and installation of all the above on your website
All this was offered at $297. No I haven’t gone mad. I just wanted to test out my idea and collect some testimonials.
Well the offer was limited to 10 people but it was sold out within 5 hours. I was very pleased.
I increased the price to $377 for 5 more people, and that sold out as well.
Good cash, but now the work.
What followed was a month of pure, concentrated hard work. I was working 5 days a week for 8 hours and sometimes on a Saturday. I was drowning with requests.
Receiving the feedback from the customers was uplifting. They seemed very pleased with the quality of work I produced.
So What Did I Learn From My Ghostwriting Experience?
1. People were not that concerned about the time line. They were more concerned about the quality of the content delivered.
2. I can manage to ghostwrite a complete turnkey system for 15 clients in a month. Although I will not offer that many services with the package anymore.
3. The video squeeze page and autoresponders were bonuses which took up a lot of my time (they need to be taken out)
4. The personal installation was not needed by most people. I will also take this out this service.
5. I’ve learned so many things from researching the niches. I felt so knowledgeable after a month.
6. People will pay for quality ghostwriting. I just sold 2 packages after I marked up the price and offering less.
7. Ghostwriting does not have to be about writing cheap articles at $4 each. The market will pay you more if you can deliver quality.
Overall, I am overjoyed with this new business model I have. I get paid good money for it and it’s something that I can do well.
For information on my ghostwriting services at Best Instant Sites visit