Internet marketing businesses have daily tasks? I thought it was a set and forget system. That’s what auto pilot income means right. You’ve read it in most internet marketers’ books and sales letters.
That version of the [tag-tec]internet marketing[/tag-tec] story, sells.Â The true version stinks. The truth is it requires work. If you spend the time on the work, it will pay you back later on.
I had a shower this morning and realized that I haven’t been to the gym for over a year now. Last year I promised to go every lunch time for half an hour. But till this day now, I haven’t been once.
If I had stuck to my own promise, and went for the past year, I’m sure I would have a leaner body by now.Â I can start today or tomorrow, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s been a year wasted already.
Looking back, I could have spent that half an hour at the gym, no problem.
That’s the thing with everyone. We look back and say to ourself we could have done it, but for some reason we just didn’t do it at the time.
For today, ask yourself what internet marketing tasks can you do to improve your business. Let’s say that you really have no mood to do anything today and only have 10 minutes to spare. Pick one of the following to do:
– Go to someone’s blog and make a decent comment pointing back to your website
– Write an article for 10 mins. You can go back to it tomorrow. At least you started off writing a new article
– Go to several websites and ask if you can be a guest blogger. You can schedule yourÂ guest post later on.
– Go to your old blog postings and see if you can make a comment to an external blog and do a trackback for it. Using TrackBoost is a good idea.
– Go to a forum and make one or more helpful postings.
– Read up on SEO and mark down anything you can use to improve your SEO
– Go to your PPC campaigns and change something to beat your control
– Browse on the internet for 10 mins and note down any ideas you have which you can use later on. eg. videos, articles, products etc…
The main point is, you can do something using just 10 mins of your time. These tasks add up in time. You’ll also make yourself feel better because you’ve worked on your business. Internet marketing has many daily tasks. It doesn’t mean you have to deal with all of them. Just do something today.
Sometimes after working for 10 mins, you’ll get in the mood for working and may continue for an extra hour. I’ve done this loads of time.