However, if you want to install more than one wordpress blog on a single domain, you’re stumped.
This is because Fantastico De Luxe, which is a free tool with cPanel, only allows you to install a blog once.
Some people want more than one blog on their domain.
For example, with TrafficBeast.com:
- I have my main blog at the root (http://www.trafficbeast.com)
- I have my coaching membership blog using WishList (http://www.trafficbeast.com/IPE)
- I’m planning to have a blog with a premium content section (http://www.trafficbeast.com/Premium)
So now I need 3 wordpress blogs under the same domain TrafficBeast.com
Here are the steps on how to do this:
1. Download the WordPress software from WordPress.org
2. Upload the software to a directory where you want the blog to be (i.e. http://www.trafficbeast.com/IPE)
3. Go to cPanel and create a MYSQL database and a MYSQL username.
4. Edit the wp-config-sample.php file in your WordPress installation with your MYSQL database, username and password details.
5. Upload the file, go to http://yourdomain.com/blogfolder and follow the easy instructions to install WordPress.
The whole process should take you around 5 – 10 minutes.
If you haven’t the foggiest of what I mean, don’t worry.
Check out the video below for step by step instructions.
For information on how to generate targeted traffic to your blog, check out Strategic Blog Traffic.